Saturday, February 11, 2012

I hope you will enjoy this new space of mine to share. I'll be encouraging you to think, critically, about who you are, why, and the best that you can be on this very short journey of life. Questions that I present to myself often.  I'll be praying for guidance and not holding back:) so...get ready for some edgy sharing. 

I want to talk about our rituals of religion, spirituality, race, why some women have such little respect for each other, our disappearing voices, homophobia in the Black community that has led to the down low epidemic, and why it's such a male dominated society. I deplore racism and don't understand how a wonderful country like the United States can allow some people to sleep in the streets.  I will go to my grave exploring ways to eradicate homelessness and racism.  I'm concerned that there aren't enough new, fresh women voices in the African American community.  I hate that children don't have a voice.  I'm concerned that everything must have mainstream society's stamp of approval before folks will even consider it. I think it's time for a new renaissance of voices!

My mother passed when she was in her sixties, and, lately, I've been asking myself, "Meme, if you only had a decade left to live what would God want you to accomplish."  The answer has led me here to write and share, to praise God's name and goodness, and to re-commit to sharing stories on stage in the theater:  Stories and writings that will, hopefully, cause us to think, critically,  about who we are and whether it's pleasing to God.

Sometimes, I'll be silly and want to just laugh and dance -- i love music-- and writing makes me feel jazzy and in flow.  And this is okay for he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3 NIV!

My three sons were a joy to raise. There was always excitement and activity, sports, friends, and parties.  They trusted Dad and I to provide for their every need and so all they did, honestly, was have fun and get good grades in school.  We were not strict disciplinarians; they didn't have to do chores all day long. All they had to do was be little boys, play games and sports, blossom into young men,  go to school, then college, get good grades, and have fun.  They trusted us! 

Mathew 18:3 is telling us to Trust God.  To accept that the Kingdom has all that we need, to have fun in life, to lighten up, fill our hearts with joy while discovering our place in the world's plot of being all that it can be.  We all have an assignment and maybe you are just the right person to take on or bring more understanding to one of the issues outlined above. I want to inspire you!  What a wonderful world this could be...

I'm excited.

Love you,

Meme
P.S. If you're a personal friend, you know how to find silly ole me by email, text or phone. Hope to see you soon. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment