Saturday, May 19, 2012

You are the U and the T in SHOUT!

     YOU ARE THE U and T of SHOUT
(Head tilted back, leg kicked up, knowing that God's Grace & Power will keep us!) 

      It's a good thing that I don't plan what I'm going to write in advance so that God can have His way with me.  I'm writing with a heavy heart after learning that my dear friend, John Caldwell, Esq., passed away on Friday around 2 p.m.  The news weakened me and, literally, sent me crashing to the ground.  So I asked myself, "How can I write about the U of SHOUT, Using God's Power, when I feel so weak?"
   
                       "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my
                power is made perfect in weakness. ” 
                Therefore I will boast all the more 
                gladly about my weaknesses, 
                so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

                   2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)


       That's when this Trophy of Grace, which is what I always call myself,  understood that He was having His way with me:  The scripture above is my favorite, although I didn't plan to use it with the SHOUT this week.

      So today, my friend, I'm giving you, through my weakness and tears, the of SHOUT and the three keys to Using His Power:

1. Surrendering all agendas;
2. Allowing your weaknesses to Shine through, for when you are weakest, His power is perfect;

       And, finally, because a SHOUTN woman is clay in God's hand, we don't mind change.

We can change the S to Surrender when we're too weak to Stand  and Shine.

Then when we acknowledge that we just don't know what the next day or call will bring, we can change the T to:

3.  Trusting Him every step of the way!
       "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." 
        Proverbs 3:5-6

      There you have it, my friend.  Our SHOUT is complete a day early.  Regardless of the news you receive or the circumstances you find yourself in, you must SHOUT!  My SHOUT is now filled with tears and grief but I know it's alright.  I love you, John.  I TRUST GOD!

Meme


P.S:  Stay Inspired and Always:
Surrender
Have Hope
Overcome
Use God's Power &
Trust Him

No comments:

Post a Comment