Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Do Not Fear Change

There aren’t many things in this world that are static and never change.  Yet, many of us try to insulate ourselves from the inevitable:  Change.  Often times this insulation comes at a high price.  We stay in relationships that we shouldn’t.  We work in jobs that we hate and engage in activities that no longer serve us. We muffle our voices when we should be screaming from rooftops.  We never hear God’s voice and whisper to come to the place that He has prepared for us because we’re afraid to move. We’re afraid of change!

Until you absolutely understand that you were placed on this planet at this very moment in time to do God’s will in a very unique and special way, you will not live the life that is designed for you.  He wants us to experience love, joy, peace, and abundance as we do His will.  When we get that down in our bones, live fearlessly, and welcome change, then, and only then, will life unfold as it is intended for us.

Martin Luther King and Ghandi were born for the civil rights era.  Abraham Lincoln to abolish slavery.  Barack Obama for these trying times.  Thomas Edison to bring us light with his invention of the light bulb.  Our ancestors for the rough terrain upon which they traversed.  And You are on this planet in 2013 for a special reason!   We all have important, vital roles to play, as numerous as there are stars in the sky.  All we have to do is believe in Him and our selves, move forward, and meditate on his word.  As you move to your destined place,  you will inevitably experience change.  You should not fear it, as he is speaking to and guiding you just like he did Joshua: 

                   Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.

                   Be strong and very courageous.
So don’t fear change; usher it in with open arms.  Keep your heart open and filled with love and peace.  As you move toward your destiny, hum a few bars of one my favorite tunes, Everything Must Change, by George Benson. The lyrics are below.  Enjoy:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjimeOv875c

There are not many things in life you can be sure of Except:
Rains comes from the clouds
And sun lights up the sky,
And humming birds do fly.
Winter turns to spring.
Wounded heart heart will heal.
Never much too soon.
Everything must change.
The young become the old
Mysteries do unfold.
Cause that’s the way of time
The young become the old,
Mysteries do unfold
The young becomes the old,
Mysteries do unfold.
Cause that’s the way of time
Nothing and no one goes unchanged.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! I just met you last night and this subject matter is speaking to me personally. It's amazing how God put certain people in your life at the right time. I really need to make a CHANGE in my relationship, but I am truly afraid of change. When I got home last night at 11:35pm from the event, I had to unload my car full of containers of jewelry and purses, including the steel purse display stand, and my boyfriend laid on the couch watching tv and didn't lift a hand to help me at all. I must have made ten trips back and forth to the car by myself. I was hungry, tired and pissed off and I kept telling myself, it's time for a CHANGE. I can do better all by myself, so THANKS for this inspirational blog and I am truly glad God connected us together last night. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my new friend, I love your note. Thank you for sending it. There are no mistakes in this universe, every moment is precious. And last night God connected together beautiful women who need each other's support on this journey. I will be praying for you as you listen to God's voice and do what's best for YOU! I know love is always complicated, but we deserve, and God wants us to have, the best that there is. Be strong and courageous. Read His word. Surround yourself with positive people. And then let Him usher in the change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouraging words!!!!

    ReplyDelete